Pages

8/19/09

The Belvedere, The Peninsula Beverly Hills

Today, I went to interview the executive chef James Overbaugh at the Belvedere restaurant in the Peninsula Hotel, Beverly Hills. Unlike other top-class hotels and restaurants, I felt great hospitality here.

I had several opportunities to talk to the chefs of LA's top restaurants through magazine interviews. I am not that good of a cook myself, but there's always something to learn from the experts. Since cooking is such an everyday-thing, I tend to forget that the world of culinary arts is very deep and consists of many elements.

Taste has 4 elements: sweet, sour, salty and bitter. Also, there are several textures that your tongue enjoy: Creamy, crunchy, fresh, or soft. These are very abstract, but chefs work on these very carefully as if they are painters.


No comments:

Post a Comment